Let's Drive

It has been a while since I did a post, so before I begin, let me catch you up.

When I last blogged… two years ago, my brick and mortar was being a technical services rep for Apple. I moved on to another B&M at an human resources company. Also at that time my computer contracted a virus, and so I stopped blogging.

Another thing that happened: my youngest son crashed and totaled my car (yes he was not injured). Thus left my wife and I without transportation for three months.

Around the time of last Thanksgiving (2016), I found out that Uber leased vehicles to individuals so they could drive for them. I was excited: not only would this get us a vehicle, but my daughter was going in for a medical procedure, and we needed a car to get het home.

I attempted to navigate the app, but to no avail. I believe  I am a tech savvy guy, but the app was just stuck in a loop, and so after struggling with it for the majority of my lunch break, I gave up and filled out away as a hoax. That was the Tuesday before thanksgiving. That night my wife told me about a coworker that drive for Lyft, and how the leased vehicles, i related my story and my findings about Uber, but my wife insisted I try.

So at my lunch on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I submitted  my application, the app was easier to navigate, and by Thanksgiving my application was accepted and the following Monday - I was a Lyft driver, with a “New Lease” on driving.

Since then, I stopped leasing my car and I have my own car to drive passengers around. 

This blog is about my experiences behind the wheel, and the people that are my passengers. I will not us their real names, but the experiences will be real.  

Comments